Monday, June 9, 2008

Passion



Passion... What are we without it?

Lately, I believe God has been trying to create passion in me. I feel starved for passion. I fear that I am not passionate enough about my relationship with God, yet I am passionate about becoming passionate. I feel like a starving man. I am starving for a closer relationship with God.

I've been reading a book called Suprised by the Power of the Spirit. In a section I read today the author talks about a time in his life where some things in Psalms made him uncomfortable. One of them was how hungry the psalmists were for God. At this time in his life he did not have this passion and so naturally he was confused by it. Psalm 42:2-3 says, "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, 'Where is your God?'"

Reading this I realized that I don't have that same hunger and passion, yet I want it.

Passion... What are we without it?

Lord Jesus, please create in me an overwhelming passion and hunger for You.

3 comments:

Bad Wolf said...

cool josh






Naomi

Bruce Kratky said...

This blog I believe is a good thing. I will keep you in prayer as you meditate on God's Word and you allow him to lead you in your journey. As you know I have been engaged in blogging for a year. I have been disappointed in the response from readers as "my guys" don't seem to be that interested. Yet, as I look back over my posts there is a continuity of thought and time which reaches out to me and is helpful. The posts have become reminders of who I am, what I was thinking, and how the Lord moved me at a certain point. A good use of technology. The blog has been helpful to me if no one else. So, I keep going. You do the same. Also, I journal privately and that too is a joy.

Josh said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I am also saddened at the lack of response on your excellent blog. I hope that people will read and respond on mine, but even if they don't I still hope to gain much from just putting my thoughts down.